2018 Husqvarna Motorcycles FC 250
An exhilarating, high-revving power delivery and a lightweight and agile chassis, make the FC 250 a true contender in 250 4-stroke racing at all levels worldwide. The 14,000 RPM rev limit and a massive peak power output are benchmark performance features. High quality standard equipment includes electric start, a hydraulic clutch, Magura brakes and a handlebar-mounted map switch.
- Lightweight frame: With years of experience in designing the most advanced steel frames in offroad, the engineers in Research and Development designed a chromium molybdenum steel frame that redefines all structural aspects that benefit handling, ergonomics and packaging. With carefully calculated tortional and longitudinal flex, the frame works in harmony with the suspension to offer sharp handling and superior comfort. These characteristics, matched to a lightweight and compact engine design, offer exceptional handling precision while at the same time increasing bump-absorption and feeling.
- CNC machined triple clamps: The black-anodised CNC machined triple clamps feature a rubber damping system that reduces vibration, increasing comfort. The triple clamps have been meticulously designed to evenly distribute the clamping force on the fork leg, maximizing contact area for optimal sensitivity and minimal friction.
- WP AER 48 suspension: The WP AER 48 is a new milestone in the development of Husqvarna motocross models. It is simple, lightweight and easy to adjust through a single air valve and supplied fork pump for pre-load and click adjusters for compression and rebound. The system is made up of a set of split-system forks consisting of an air suspension unit and a hydraulic damping unit. Together with the fully adjustable WP DCC rear shock, Husqvarna offers superior suspension performance, feeling and comfort.
- Carbon fibre subframe: The use of carbon fibre strips away weight, improving weight distribution and bringing weight closer to the centre of gravity for precise handling. The composition of the material is 30% carbon fibre and the overall 3-piece construction is remarkably light but also very strong for an overall weight of 1.4 kg. Additionally, a specific rigidity has been calculated in the component for optimal handling and rider ergonomics.
- Engine: All major components and shaft arrangements have been carefully designed and placed in specific positions that best suit the performance and handling characteristics of the FC 250. The 250 cc engine is not only light at 26.1 kg but also remarkably powerful with an overall power output of 46 hp at the output shaft. One way in which this was achieved was by engineering key components to produce the least amount of friction possible, reducing drag as a result.
- DOHC cylinder head: The DOHC cylinder head features finger followers with a DLC (diamond like carbon) coating resulting in minimal friction and optimal performance. These actuate large titanium valves (32.5 mm intake, 26.5 mm exhaust) which at the 14,000 rpm rev-limit open and close multiple times each second introducing fuel/air mixture to the carefully designed combustion chamber delivering efficient and optimal power throughout the rev-range.
- Crankcases: The aluminium crankcases have been designed to house the internal components of the engine in the perfect position to achieve the ideal centre of gravity. The lightweight casings are manufactured using a high-pressure die cast production process, resulting in thin wall thickness while retaining exceptional reliability. The iconic Husqvarna logo adorns the bronze finished crankcase covers.
- Exhaust system: The FC 250 exhaust system has been expertly designed to deliver the best possible performance while adhering to the FIM noise limits. The header pipe features a resonance chambers for optimal performance while the silencer is crafted from lightweight and strong aluminium.
- Map switch: Optimised for easy operation, the map switch selects between two engine maps, operates launch control and activates a traction control feature. Traction control works by analysing throttle input from the rider and the rate at which the RPM increases. If the RPM increases too quickly, the EMS will register a loss of grip and reduce the amount of power to the rear wheel ensuring maximum traction.
- Electric start: Along with the benefit of easy starting, the standard electric starting system is combined with a new compact Li-Ion battery which is 1 kg lighter than a conventional battery.
- Pro Taper handlebar: Manufactured to exacting standards, the Pro Taper handlebar features class-leading fatigue resistance while adding minimal weight.
- ODI grips: The ODI lock-on grip on the left side does not require gluing, while on the right, the vulcanised grip features an innovative integrated throttle mechanism. The assembly has easy free-play adjustment and, by changing a cam, throttle progression can be altered.
- Magura hydraulic clutch: The FC 250 features a Magura hydraulic clutch system. The high quality German-made clutch system guarantees even wear, almost maintenance-free operation and perfect modulation in every condition. This means that play is constantly compensated so that the pressure point and function of the clutch remain identical in cold or hot conditions, as well as over time.
- CSS clutch: The FC 250 engine feature a CSS (coil spring steel) clutch with Magura hydraulics and lever. The CSS clutch has six coil springs and 7 clutch plates in a one-piece CNC machined steel clutch basket. The inner hub and pressure plate have been designed for optimal oil flow and separation, while the coil springs give a light and consistent feel.
- Gearbox: The 5-speed gearbox is designed to be extremely light and durable. The shifting fork has a low-friction coating for smoother shifting, while the gear lever features an innovative design which prevents dirt build-up and ensures perfect gear selection in all conditions. An advanced gear sensor allows for specific engine maps delivering the best possible performance in each gear.
- Brakes: New for MY18 is a Magura front and rear braking system. The system features a similar layout to the previous design with improved sensitivity for a more modulated feel while still retaining the highest level of performance. 260mm disc front and 220mm rear.
- Design: 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- Displacement: 249.9cc
- Starter: Electric starter
- Transmission: 5-speed
- Primary drive: 24:73
- Secondary gear ratio: 14:51
- Clutch: Wet, multi-disc clutch, Magura hydraulics
- EMS: Keihin EMS
- Frame design: 25CrMo4 steel central-tube frame
- Front suspension: WP-USD, AER 48, Ø 48 mm
- Rear suspension: WP shock absorber with linkage
- Suspension travel (front): 12.2 in. (310mm)
- Front brake: Magura two-piston floating caliper, brake disc
- Rear brake: Magura single-piston floating caliper, brake disc
- Rear brake disc diameter: 220mm
- Chain: 5/8 x 1/4 in.
- Steering head angle: 63.9
- Seat height: 37.8 in. (960mm)
- Weight without fuel: 217.81 lb. (98.8 kg)
- Suspension travel (rear): 11.81 in. (300mm)
- Tank capacity (approx.): 1.85 gal. (7 L)
- Engine Type
- 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- Front Suspension
- WP-USD, AER 48, Ø 48 mm
- Front Brakes
- Magura two-piston floating caliper, brake disc
- Rear Suspension
- WP shock absorber with linkage
- Rear Brakes
- Magura single-piston floating caliper, brake disc
- Dry Weight
- 217.81 lb. (98.8 kg)
- Fuel Capacity
- 1.85 gal. (7 L)
- Seat Height
- 37.8 in. (960mm)
- Final Drive
- Chain: 5/8 x 1/4 in.